Conveyor makes distributing desktop apps as easy as shipping a web app. It's a tool not a service, it generates and signs self-upgrading packages for Windows, macOS and Linux using each platform's native package formats without requiring you to have those operating systems, and it looks like this:
It's free for open source apps and has simple per-project pricing for commercial apps.
- Sophisticated software updates
- App framework integration:
- Excellent support for CI/CD:
- Package and deploy directly for every platform you support from any Linux build agent, without needing Mac/Windows workers.
- Automatic releasing to the Microsoft Store, web servers, S3 or GitHub releases
- A GitHub Action
- Support for cloud signing services and HSMs, eliminating the need for USB Windows signing keys.
- Easy and powerful code signing:
- Can sign/notarize apps for every OS from any OS
- Generates CSRs for easier purchasing from certificate authorities
- Can store root keys in the macOS keychain for extra security
- Handles keys of different formats
- Self-signing and Microsoft Store support for reducing the cost of certificates
- Icon generation, rendering and format conversion
- Generates a download page for you
- Auto-detects the user's OS and CPU architecture
- "Big Green Button" download UX.
- Scaffold projects for native C++, Electron, JavaFX (JVM) and Jetpack Compose Desktop (JVM)
- Pierce the abstraction! Over 120 different settings let you take control of every OS specific detail, or ignore them to accept the smart defaults.